4th October 2019
MRTA Shortlist Announced!
MRTI is excited to announce the Myanmar Responsible Tourism Awards 2019 shortlist.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their entries. The standard of entries was extremely high, demonstrating the passion and dedication of local tourism businesses to lead the way in developing responsible and sustainable tourism in Myanmar
MRTA 2019 applicants were assessed by a panel of experts against the selection criteria for the award, which included;
- Improving lives, building opportunities for communities, preserving and respecting cultural heritage and traditions;
- Protecting the environment and maximizing social and economic benefits to the local economy;
- Shaping unique and meaningful experiences for visitors while conveying how to be a responsible traveler;
- Developing innovative responsible tourism products or services;
- Cutting Greenhouse Gas emissions;
- Protecting children in tourism;
- Raising awareness of sustainable practices and responsible tourism.
We will contact shortlisted applicants in the next few days to organize a field assessment visit, which is the next stage in the judging process.
A handful of applicants did not complete all of the questions on the award entry form. An incomplete form will disadvantage the applicant and we urge all applicants to complete the form fully in future.
The following categories include in MRTA 2019.
- Accommodation provider
- Tour operator
- Community involvement in tourism
- Innovative product development
- Awareness raising project
- Start-up in tourism
- Best practice in child safe tourism
- Best practice in carbon footprint reduction
Download applications (English) here:
Download applications (Myanmar) here:
ေလွ်ာက္လႊာမ်ား (ျမန္မာဘာသာ) ဒီေနတ ြင္ရယူပါ –