The Myanmar Responsible Tourism Awards (MRTA) aim to raise awareness of the high potential that Myanmar’s tourism industry has to generate meaningful social, economic, and environmental benefits.
Responsible tourism is about making better places to live in, and better places for people to visit. It involves:
- minimising negative economic, environmental and social impacts,
- generating greater benefits for local people, and
- making positive contributions to the conservation of natural and cultural heritage
Who can apply?
We encourage entities of all sizes that are directly involved in the responsible development of the Myanmar tourism sector to enter the Myanmar Responsible Tourism Awards. Please note that:
- There are no fees to enter MRTA 2018.
- Previous MRTA winners may apply but must either submit a different responsible tourism initiative to 2017, or demonstrate that significant progress has been made.
- Applicants must be able to provide registration or license documentation for their entity.
We also encourage you to nominate businesses, community organizations or individuals that you think are making a difference.
How to apply and what is the timeline?
Entities may apply to more than one category and applications may be submitted in Burmese or English.
- Application window opens: Friday 10th August
- Application deadline: Tuesday 2nd October, 5 pm (MM Time)
- Pre-selection phase: Wednesday 3rd October – Friday 19th October (Four applications will be shortlisted from each category and then passed to the judging panel.)
- Judging phase: Monday 22nd October – Friday 30th November (The independent judging panel will undertake on-the-spot inspections at each shortlisted organisation.)
- Award ceremony: 11.12.2018, 5:30 pm, Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for tickets.
Why participate in MRTA?
- Winners will be recognised and promoted as responsible tourism leaders in the regional and international markets
- Increase brand awareness and boost your profile and visibility in the market
- Attract valuable media coverage across various channels, including the MRTA newsletter, press releases and social media
- Use your submission to assess strengths and weaknesses and identify the full potential of your business
- Receive valuable feedback from our independent panel of expert judges on your submission and business practices
- Celebrate and network with the leaders of the Travel & Tourism industry in Myanmar